Monday, October 13, 2008

Fountain, and Folks.


As I was walking north on Prospect my goal was to take the first right turn. As you can see from my map, there was no right turn to be taken - at least not for a while. I became a little bored as I walked on. The sounds were mostly similar as I walked past condo after condo after condo...

I heard a bubbling water fountain after a while and quickly began recording. All of a sudden, there was a large gathering of people standing around and talking. In the middle of a quiet, expensive residential neighborhood, where I had previously had very little to hear, my ears were suddenly granted some new and interesting sounds. Listen. The noises weren't incredibly fascinating to me, but I realized that it is possible to stumble upon a subject of interest where it is least expected. This is one of the elements that can make a drift so captivating, and it isn't easy to fully understand unless you've actually experienced it.

September 21, 2008
11:45 A.M.

No comments: